Sunday, January 6, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Tags




Buying labels and tags for everything can get expensive.  So I thought why not make my own.  I love the country rustic look so I chose to make chalkboard tags.  They were very easy  to make and the end result is exactly what I wanted.



 First,  took notecards and cut them to look how I wanted.






Then, I took tape and looped it so it was double sided and placed it on the back of the notecard.  I did this so the card wouldn't move as I painted it.



 I taped down parchment paper so I didn't get any paint on my counter.  



 After, I tape the notecards to the parchment paper I painted the chalk paint onto the cards.





I let the paint dry for about a half hour then came back to write what item I needed for the tag and punched a hole at the top.



I took a piece of string and placed it through the hole I just punched in the tag.  I cut the string long enough to fit around the appropriate container.

 The finished tags look like this.  This is so my style and this was so much cheaper than buying them at the store.

Here are some other tags I made with the chalkboard paint, but instead of the string I used little clothes pins.

Now, that's what I call labeling made easy!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...