Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dining Room




This week I tackled the dining room.  This room used to be very bare and I had no storage.  Not anymore, I did a little redecorating and added extra storage to suit our needs.

BEFORE

AFTER

To break up the dark colors in the room I added two white end chairs from ikea.





To start with newly added storage, my grandparents gave us a much needed wine rack from Christmas Tree Shoppes.  We love our wine at this house!
As you can tell, some bottles are already gone ;)


Since the dining room is open to the kitchen I wanted to tie in our country kitchen to the dining room by adding a little country touch to the wine rack.




Another new addition, is the buffet stand my aunt purchased for us from Kirklands.  (What would I do without my family?!)  This cute sideboard creates so much more storage that we needed to bring our neat dining ware up from the basement.



The first row of baskets holds all of my napkins.


The second row of baskets hold all of my melt-away, candles and candelabras.




On the bottom of the buffet I finally have storage for all of our nice dining ware.  It used to be in the basement and we never used it, but not anymore!  Now with everything located where it should be it gets used more. (Sorry for the blurry picture.)



 Once again, since the dining room is also open to the office I added the touch of green napkins from Pier 1 to tie the rooms together.  The napkin rings are also from Pier 1.






Just like every other room in the house this room is far from being completed, but I think it is a great start! I love the colors and I love that it isn't formal, but more casual which suits this household.  



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...